RAR for MAC – RAR is a powerful terminal based archive utility. This app was created by RARLAB Inc. and now updated into the last version. Download this System Utilities app for free now on Apps4Mac.com
RAR for MAC Latest Version
RAR for Mac: Free Download + Review [Latest Version]. Before you download the .dmg file, here we go some fact about RAR that maybe you want to need to know.
|App Name||RAR App|
|File Size||591 KB|
|Requirement||Mac OS X 10.6.8|
|License||Paid • One-Time Purchase|
About RAR App for MAC
RAR is a compression program offering an original algorithm. This new way to compress files provides greater efficiency, and makes smaller archives — especially on multimedia files and archives with many files. RAR also offers self-extracting capabilities as well as disk-spanning (or multi-volumes). RAR is the official RAR archive utility for OS X (offered as a command-line utility), especially useful while reading all those alt.binaries newsgroups.
To use the RAR command-line application, place the files in any folder on your hard drive, and call the utility by typing in the full path to the application (e.g., to run from the current directory, type “./rar” or “./unrar” followed by the appropriate parameters). Typing the application name (rar or unrar) without any parameters will produce a helpful guide to each program’s usage.
RAR for MAC Preview/caption]
- Ctrl+A keyboard shortcut selects the entire text in WinRAR comment window.
- If -idn switch is used together with -t or -df in console RAR when archiving, it additionally disables “Deleting
” or “Testing ” messages, normally issued by these switches.
- Also -idn disables folder creation messages when extracting a file to non-existing folder.
- WinRAR and ZIP SFX module refuse to extract contents of ZIP SFX archives if ZIP central directory is resided after beginning of Authenticode digital signature. It is done to prevent possible attacks with inclusion of ZIP archive into signature body.
- “Convert archives” command could incorrectly convert Unicode comments in RAR archives.
- If two archive information windows had been opened from the Explorer context menu, the compression ratio bar in the first window could erroneously display a value for the second archive.
- It did not affect the ratio and other text details at the right of the window. Only the vertical bar at the left could be updated to a wrong value;
- If the “Wait if other WinRAR copies are active” option was enabled in extraction dialog, “Waiting for another WinRAR copy” title was not set in command progress window while waiting;
- When extracting a symbolic link, previous versions did not overwrite existing symbolic links even if the user requested it in overwrite prompt.
Installing Apps on MAC
Most Mac OS applications downloaded from outside the App Store come inside a DMG file. Like if you wanna download RAR for mac from this page, you’ll directly get the .dmg installation file into your MAC.
- First, download the RAR .dmg installation file from the official link on above
- Double-click the DMG file to open it, and you’ll see a Finder window.
- Often these will include the application itself, some form of arrow, and a shortcut to the Applications folder.
- Simply drag the application’s icon to your Applications folder
- And you’re done: the RAR is now installed.
- When you’re done installing: just click the “Eject” arrow.
- Then you can feel free to delete the original DMG file: you don’t need it anymore.
- Now, enjoy RAR for MAC !
You don’t have to put your programs in the Applications folder, though: they’ll run from anywhere. Some people create a “Games” directory, to keep games separate from other applications. But Applications is the most convenient place to put things, so we suggest you just put everything there.
DMG files are mounted by your system, like a sort of virtual hard drive. When you’re done installing the application, it’s a good idea to unmount the DMG in Finder.
Uninstall Apps on MAC
Removing RAR apps is more than just moving them to the Trash — it’s completely uninstalling them. To completely uninstall a program on MacBook/iMac, you have to choose one of the options on below.
Method 1: Remove apps using Launchpad
Another manual way to delete RAR apps from your Mac is using the Launchpad. Here’s how it works:
- Click Launchpad icon in your Mac’s Dock.
- Find the RAR that you want to delete.
- Click and hold the RAR icon’s until it starts shaking.
- Click X in the top-left corner of the app icon.
- Click Delete.
Method 2: Delete MAC apps with CleanMyMac X
Now it’s time for the safe and quick app uninstalling option. There’s a safest way to uninstall RAR on Mac without searching all over your Mac, and that’s by using CleanMyMac X.
- Launch CleanMyMac X and click on Uninstaller in the left menu.
- Select the , you can either uninstall it or, if it’s not acting as it should, you can perform an Application Reset.
- Click on Uninstall or choose Application Reset at the top.
- Now that the application cleanup is complete, you can view a log of the removed items, or go back to your app list to uninstall more.
- And you’re done to remove RAR from your MAC!
RAR Alternative App for MAC
Here we go some list of an alternative/related app that you must try to install into your lovely MAC OSX
Download Keka for MAC
Compression and extraction tool.
Create compressed archives.
Download Snowflower Arc for MAC
File compression and archive utility.
Download Bezipped for MAC
Automatically download rar parts of divided files.
This RAR .dmg installation file is absolutely not hosted in our Hosting. Whenever you click the “Download” button on this web page, files will downloading straight from the owner sources Official Website. RAR is an app for MAC that created by Inc. We’re not straight affiliated with them. All trademarks, registered trademarks, item names and company names or logos that talked about in right here would be the property of their respective owners. We are DMCA-compliant and gladly to cooperation with you.